Self-Reliant Diver Speciality Course
The Self-Reliant Diver specialty course is to recognize and accept the role of the buddy system and its contributions to diver safety while identifying and developing self-reliance and independence while diving. This course is an introduction to self-reliant diving that helps experienced student divers develop the skills, knowledge and techniques necessary to rely on themselves first, whether or not they are diving with a partner.
• To develop the skills of planning and carrying out dives without a partner when preferred or necessary.
• To sharpen skills of diving self-reliance, making the diver a stronger partner in a dive pair or team.
• The value and application of the buddy system.
• The philosophy of, and motivation for, diving without a partner.
• Potential risks of diving alone, and how to manage those risks.
• The value of equipment redundancy and what back-up equipment is needed.
• Dive planning and gas management
Along with learning about the many benefits of diving with a Self-Reliant configuration, during three open water scuba dives you’ll learn how to:
• Formulate a dive plan for a dive without a partner
• Demonstrate dive planning ability according to local environmental conditions
• Establish Surface Air Consumption (SAC) rate using gaz consumption data from a dive
• Calculate the gaz consumption for a giving depth and time
• Demonstrate the ability to switch to a redundant air supply
• Deploy a lift bag or DSMB from the bottom
• Navigate to a predetermined location and return within 15 meters of the starting point using natural references
€235 / 1 to 2 Days
Be certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or have a qualifying certification from another training organization.
Have a minimum 100 logged dives.
Successfully complete a dive skills assessment by a PADI Self-Reliant Diver Specialty Instructor.
Medical Certification within 12 months.
MINIMUM AGE: 18 Years old.
Your Next Adventure!
You can easily combine Self-Reliant diving with The Sidemount Diver Specialty. Contact SCUBA MORAIRA to sign up for the PADI Self-Reliant course today!