SSI Rescue Diver Course
“Challenging” and “Rewarding” best describe the SSI Rescue Diver course. Building upon what you’ve already learnt, this course expands on what you already know about how to prevent problems, and how to manage them if they occur.
The fun part about this course is rising to challenges and mastering them. Most divers find this course both demanding and rewarding, and at the end, say it’s the best course they’ve ever taken.
• Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
• Emergency management and equipment
• Rescuing panicked divers
• Rescuing unresponsive divers
You use all your basic scuba gear including a dive computer and accessories.
The SSI Rescue Diver crew-pack includes all materials required to complete the SSI Rescue Diver course – including a pocket mask. You’ll learn how to think like a rescue diver and preview skills you’ll practice with your SSI Instructor. Once your Rescue Diver course is complete, you can review the DVD to refresh your dive safety skills as needed. This tool box of knowledge and technique will give you the expertise to handle almost any emergency situation.
€325 / 2 to 3 Days
Medical Certification within 12 months.
MINIMUM AGE: 12 Years old.
To enroll in the SSI Rescue Diver course, you must be:
• 12 years or older (12-14 years old divers may earn Junior Rescue Diver certifications)
• Have a SSI Adventure Diver certification (or have a qualifying certification from another organisation)
• Be trained and current for first aid and CPR within the previous two years (Ask your instructor about Emergency First Response CPR and first aid courses).
For all your learning materials and equipment, contact SCUBA MORAIRA.
Your Next Adventure!
After completing CPR and first aid and the SSI Rescue Diver course, you should take the SSI Emergency Oxygen Provider Course Together, these three courses round out your ability to handle scuba diver emergencies.
For more information about this or other SSI courses have a chat with one of the SCUBA MORAIRA Team members.